Most small businesses can benefit from having a Controller at the helm of their financial reporting.
It is just that most small companies do not have the workload that requires a full-time Controller, nor can they afford to pay what it takes to recruit and retain a quality Controller. So, they limp along, accepting inaccurate or untimely financial statements, an irregular financial reporting schedule, unreconciled accounts, late tax filings (and the penalties that go with it), or accounting surprises that come at year-end. The right Controller brings a sense of discipline and accuracy to the financial reporting process. The right Controller makes sure the numbers are properly compiled on a timely basis and are useful to management and owners. The right Controller is also constantly looking for improvements, efficiencies, and cost reductions, not just in the accounting department, but throughout the company.
An Outsourced Controller from Denver Accounting Services can provide:
- Accurate and timely financial statements
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Cash flow reporting
- A structured monthly closing process
- Accounting process improvement and best practices
- Reconciled and clean accounts
- Audit preparation and support
- Compliance filings and reporting
- Supervision of accounting and bookkeeping staff